Pages

Translate

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Garth Brooks Guide to Debt Relief

There was a man in Nashville during the week with an unusual way of negotiating.

And it struck me that it could be a great way of getting a deal on unsustainable debt.

It certainly had the underrated benefit of simplicity.

Garth Brooks spoke with as much sincerity as he could muster about "walking, crawling, or swimming to Ireland" to meet Enda Kenny.

And once here he would get down on his knees and tell Enda how easy it would be to solve the problem of 5 concerts or none.

He would tell Enda, or anyone who would listen, "just say "yes"". This would quickly and easily solve the dilemma of the on/off saga about his Croke Park concerts.

And there would be no need to have any truck with stupid planning legislation, regulations, licensing, or intolerant Croke Park residents.

The simplicity of this strategy didn't escape me. I'm quick enough on the uptake.

And if it worked, well it could bring a massive amount of relief to anyone struggling with unsustainable and unpayable debt.

So my strategy for next week is to make an appointment with my bank manager, invite him to take a seat, offer him a strong coffee, and sneak up  on him with my proposal for the writing off of nearly a million euro of debt.

I will tell him, in my most sincere tone of voice, and with all the seriousness my face can muster (which is considerable) "just say yes".

Do you think it might work?

4 comments:

  1. Brilliantly simple Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. On behalf of clients I've been pussy-footing around the planning system for years, and this brilliantly simple approach never once occurred to me! Garth is such a genious.
      Now I see how easy it can be to impress clients, and settle my home mortgage.

      Delete
    2. Straight talking , straight shooting cowboy (of the American kind...not the Irish kind!!)

      Delete
    3. Bit worried there for a minute! Glad you clarified..

      Delete